CNSA Honor Cords Guidelines
(Graduation date December 2018 and beyond)
- To honor students in SSNSA who have shown commitment and service in a 1 year time frame
- Honor cords can be earned over the course of 1 year. The requirements must be met only ONCE to qualify.
- Must be a current member of CNSA and the SSNSA
- Must attend a minimum of 3 events per year
- Must attend a minimum of 3 meetings per semester
- Individual circumstances will be considered if a member has difficulty meeting the requirements. This is up to the discretion of the Vice President.
- Point system
- A total of 30 points is required to receive honor cords
- 1 hour = 1 point
- Each meeting attended counts as 1 point
- Each hour spent volunteering at an event counts as 1 point
- 3 hours spent at an event earns 3 points
- 1 point will be given for CNSA membership
Honor Cord Distribution:
- Students will not receive honor cords until ALL requirements have been satisfied.
- Distribution will take place every Spring during SSNSA’s last meeting or by appointment with the Vice President.
- Nursing students will keep track of their volunteer hours on paper. You must submit a log of your hours to the Vice-President at the end of the semester in order for your hours to count. Please contact Hailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- It is the responsibility of each student to keep a log of their hours and check in regularly with the Vice President to ensure that their attendance is being credited properly.
- See our Resources section for a printable Hours Log.
Examples of Eligible Events:
Volunteering or attending the following events:
- Big Night
- Relay for Life
- North Bay Discovery Day
- Seawolf Decision Day
- Sonoma Serves
- SSU Club Fair
- Blood Drive
- CNSA Conference
- Mi Futuro
- Expanding Your Horizons
These are only examples of eligible events. There are always more opportunities for students to earn volunteer credit!
Ask a Board member or check the SSNSA Facebook page for other eligible events.
If you have a suggestion for a future event, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Lorna at email@example.com.